Monday, December 14, 2009

Where have I been?

Wow it has been forever since I wrote anything on here.  Life sure gets in the way sometimes.  I would like to say that my excuse is the Nursing Assistant class I just finished up. (bragging I got an A) but that didn't start until October.  I had a biology class too but that was only one night a week.  (I got an A in that too!)  I guess being an older student it is easier for me to keep my mind on the goal, but after the 2nd or 3rd 100% on quizzes my kids were like "you always get 100" and were not impressed.  Humph.
I has been kind of strange being around the house again with nowhere to go, plenty of things to do, although not done though. 
I have decided to set myself a goal.  One thing a day. Well maybe two because Christmas hasn't even started to happen around here yet.  We can't locate the legs for the tree and so that isn't up yet.  There has to be another box somewhere.  DS can't find it and so DH said he would look today.  I still have a major gift to buy and no idea what the recipient wants.

Things that I need to do.
Mending clothes.
I have hemming to do for my pants.
Brandon has jeans that are ripped he wants sewn.
I have an art doll I want to finish.
(And I could add tons of other sewing projects here)
Gifts I need to make.
My niece is pregnant.  I need to do something for the baby.
My mum has requested some machine embroidery, not sure I remember how.
I have all the ingredients for peanut brittle and divinity candy.
Things I want to do.
I have not been making beads for months. 
I would like to finish a few jewelry projects that I have waiting.
Things I don't want to do.
Housekeeping.  Ugh, well, I keep trying to clean up, but there is just too much clutter.
De-clutter; see above.
clean up the yard, well, maybe in the spring now.
Did I mention cleaning the house? 

So, let's see if this will work.  Today I am leaning towards the sewing part.  I suppose it depends on if we find the tree parts that are missing.




No comments:

Post a Comment