Thursday, December 31, 2009

Newness

     So, I have been looking around the web at my favorite blogs and websites. Everyone is talking about the end of 2009 and the start of 2010 in one way or another.  Of course I have been thinking about it too, but I have to say that somethings that will be happening in 2010 are a continuation of this year.
     I finished my CNA class on December 3rd and I will take my state exam on Jan 15th.  Of course I am a little nervous, who likes tests?  I am confident that I will pass though, (oh, I hope I didn't just jinx myself).    This is a pass/fail test, and I really don't like that as I would prefer to know exactly how I did.  The pass is the important part though and will put me on the state registry so I can get a job.  I also applied for nursing school in the fall.  I have no idea if I will be able to go, if I get a job I may not be available for the classes, but the deadline for applying is Jan 15th so I had to put in the application if I want to try.  There are only 40 slots and I am not sure i have enough points to qualify, there will be others with much more than me, 10 of those slots however are filled by a drawing of names from the application pool, so who knows.  That will mean another test to qualify. 
     My middle son passed his driving test in early Dec.  I am nervous about him driving by himself and especially in winter weather.  He thinks he is indestructible like most teens and wants us to let him go all over the place.  Of course he has never been out on the country roads in this flat landscape and had an inch or less of snow blowing enough to blind you.  It is a constant battle trying to talk to him while he is having a tantrum fit for a two year old. 
     My youngest tried out for the volleyball team and didn't make the team but is a manager.  She has to go to all the practices and games.  She is excited, and has had practice the last two weeks and games start on the 7th of Jan. 
     My oldest interviewed for a job last week and I hope he gets it.  It will do a lot for him.  He will be 18 in April and is a Jr. in high school and I think he needs the confidence.  His brother just started working too, so I think they both will be happier to be working, and making a little money of their own. 
     I have not made much of a dent in my to do list.  In fact I have added more and more to it.  That is surely a continuation and will be for many years to come.
Oh and I will turn 40 in Feb.  I have never been bothered by numbers when it comes to age.  But 40?  Ahhh, yeah.  It just seems strange, being the youngest in the family and mostly the youngest of my friends for years, this is a strange place to be in.  Is that middle aged?  I don't feel it.  I think what bothers me most is that if I am going to be 40 all my family and friends are getting older with me.  Where did all the time go?  I still haven't done so many things that I want to.  I think it is time to start working on that list. 
     Lastly, I have been thinking about my family a lot the last couple of weeks and I realized that I need to start writing down the stories I remember, good and bad, to preserve them for my kids and my siblings kids.  As my family is in England, my kids did not grow up around them, so my memories are all they have of my siblings, and their kids.  My mum and dad have been here twice so they have met them and will remember that, but not what they were like or how they live now.  I have never been to the house that my parents live in now, I still see them in the house that I grew up in.   When I sorted out the photos that were laying around I found quite a few of our time in England, the ones my husband and I took.  There are not so many of my childhood.  Instead of letting them sit in a box, I want to make a journal of who, what and where.  This is going to be an ongoing project for sure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment