Saturday, January 8, 2011

Time goes fast when you are reading a text book

Five months since my last post.  Well yeah, I have had time to post, and no, I really didn't feel like it.  I am surprised at how far I have come since August. Amoung other things I have learned how to give an injection, and how to put in an NG tube (don't worry if you don't know what that is, you really don't want to know).  Then there are all the things I don't know yet and that is the scary part. 
Spring semester begins on Monday.  Medical-Surgical nursing to start and I have signed up for Microbiology.  I have not set foot in the school yet and I am overwhelmed.  There is a lot of reading this semester and that would is not the worst part, but the remembering what you have read.  Again I have resolved to apply myself but I will put off some things that should be done NOW. 
So over the winter break I have really not done much of anything, some sewing, just mending, although I did make a tote bag to take to school as I asked for and got a laptop bag and it will not be big enough for all the books I need to take and my other junk.  You know that stuff that you can't live without or are afraid that you will need.  Typically I have;
my purse
a personal item purse,
pens,
note paper,
phone,
keys,
hand sanitizer (yum tangerine),
mp3 player and headphones (if the kids haven't stolen them),
perfume,
lipstick (that I never apply),
chapstick,
hand cream,
change,
post-its,
nail file,
and lots of little notes, shopping, schedule,email addresses.

Add on to that for school;
water bottle,
coffee cup,
pencil case,
calculator,
planner,
index cards,
file folders,
stethoscope,
pen light,
bandage scissors,
id badge,
white board marker,
sharpie,
medication cards,
clinical notebook,
tide pen (those horrible white uniforms!)

and a bunch of stuff I am sure I have forgotten that I find essential just in case.  This is all before I have my books, and most of them are 2 inches or more thick.

So you see why I need two bags, I have a rolling backpack but I have found that I can pare down what I need each day as we don't always use the text books in class. So I made the tote bag for folders and books and purse things, and the laptop case for when I need that.  Hopefully that will work out.  I will post a picture soon. 

So yeah, School is the thing foremost in my mind again and not much time for anything else.








No comments:

Post a Comment