Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ahh last free weekend!

Well, summer has gone already! What? Yes, it is done. Of course the weather is not going to cool off yet(yes we had a heat index of 105 º this week ) . I start school on Monday and the kids on Wednesday. We have done our school shopping and packed our school bags. Here I sit wondering what I have forgotten, supplies and knowledge both!
It would be an understatement to say I am nervous and anxious. Going into a new situation always makes me uneasy. New people to meet, authority figures to determine. Mistakes to learn from without feeling stupid.
I keep telling myself that I can do it, I have to keep telling myself that. The worst thing is trying to visualize doing something that you have never seen.
I am kind of miffed that the kids will be in school at the same time as me and I will not get my alone time. I treasure that time I have to myself. From now on Fridays are going to be it and I have a feeling that those days are going to be full with homework and study.
So, today I am feeling like I should be resting and relaxing before the big day Monday, but of course I can't relax.
I might take some time for myself and my paints, better to get frustrated painting than to think of all the things that might happen next week. It is way too hot to work in the shed on beads. I have some sewing to take care of, alterations to clothes that I want to wear. Maybe that would be a good idea too.
So, this maybe the last blog post for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment