Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Idea

I had an idea the other day as I was looking at Google Earth. I always seem to go to my old house in England to find it on the map, and look down. Even though Mum and Dad moved out 6 or so years ago, it will always be the home I remember. I had lived there until I got married, yes, for 19 years it was my home (I was 19 when I got married, I know that is young).
So as I was looking at the satellite of the house I realized that it played into my continuation post of the other day. The writing of memories, especially those of home. I would print out these pictures and make album pages of them. I really think a double spread, 12 x 12 would work best. When I thought of printing the pictures smaller I realized that I would loose some of the details. So I printed out a picture of my old house, and I am ready to put it on a page. The trouble is, and this is always my trouble, deciding what to write. KISS comes into play here. The address and the phone number that I can still reel off my tongue 20 years later. Descriptions of my room and how my dad was always knocking a wall down or a doorway somewhere. When my brothers started to drive and there were 4 cars parked at the curb. The sycamore tree in the front garden. And when I start thinking about it, these memories and 100's more start to form in my mind, and I realize that I will not have room for them all. I will, of course, have to journal a lot of this, adding pages as I go.
So thanks Google Earth for this look into my past. Here is the picture I have of my old house, to go with my memories. Now to go start writing them down.



No comments:

Post a Comment