Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's always something!

     Yeah, if it isn't the car breaking down ( not enough to need a replacement but enough to eat away at the bank account), it is the kids needing new shoes.  Hey, I wouldn't make them go barefoot, but flip flops are good for the summer.  I would even buy them the $2.50 ones from Old Navy.  That is just the money side of things, and let me tell you they are not happy with us canceling cable TV either! The "when I was young we only had three channels" talk didn't seem to help, I think the first four words makes them switch off their brains for a while.
    So two of the three needed to see the doctor this week.  Thankfully neither of them is really sick, just some little problems that concerned me enough to take them to get it checked. 
     And now, my wrist starts to play up.   I have had problems with my right wrist for years.  When I was 19 or so, the couldn't find anything wrong but put it in a cast anyway to immobilize it for a while hoping it would stop hurting me.  At first I figured it was because of the CPR class I took last week. Then whammo! It is so painful, no twisting allowed without a stabbing pain.  How are you supposed to open the bottle of pain meds if you cannot push and twist the top off?
     Before it was shooting hot fire up my arm yesterday I managed to make Meghan an 80's outfit for a party she is going to today.  We spent forever in the thrift store and found some things to make her look like Madonna/Cindy Lauper.  I ruthlessly cut off the top of a skirt and added elastic to make something like the ones I used to wear.  I took some 2 inch lace and made her fingerless gloves (trial and error there) and a lace headband with a bow.  We added bright yellow leggings to the black skirt and a t-shirt that she can pull off one shoulder.  High tops are back in and she has some funky ones in black and pink to wear.  I think she will pass the test. The funny thing is, all these things would not look out of place today! If I had time I would have loved to make her a 'relax' t-shirt. It would have been supper cool to add some tulle to the shirt as well! I will take a picture when she gets dressed and add it to this post later.
     This is the fun part, I thought that maybe I could find my lace gloves from my wedding.  I went to the chest that is in her room, even though it belongs to Brandon, it has some of my old clothes in still, and pulled out a bag with lacy things in.  Nope, no gloves, but Meghan was fascinated by the white lace corset that was in there, I cannot believe that it fit me at one time and I am also wondering why I still have it 20 years later.  My wedding garter was also in the bag and a garter belt that I had to explain to her, I guess kids just don't know what stockings are nowadays.  That was totally a blast from the past and also strangely appropriate for the 80's.
     Did I mention I have a hole in a tooth too?  Yeah.  I have a cleaning appointment this week so I have been waiting till them to get it looked at.  I hope I don't need another crown.
     So.  Can I whine or what?  Today I need to study for class next week.  Writing is going to be interesting, but I am typing this so maybe I can just type my notes. my beautiful $20 plastic lounger is sitting on the deck calling me, but it looks like storms today again.  I have only gotten to use it once. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment