Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A & P test today

A & P, Anatomy and physiology. We had a take home test last week, but you can't really count that as a test. I don't think so anyway. I like the results but it isn't a true test of learning to my mind. You can just look up the answers in the book, and forget them. I love take home tests. So today is the first classroom, no book, have to know this stuff, test. Why am I here, typing on my blog? Well yes, uh, It is 7:30 and I am still on my first cup of coffee, besides, I am not sure how much more my mind can absorb. We have already started on the integumentary system, so that is crowding out the things I need for the test. Ugh!

After the test we have lab again today. I must say I am fascinated with looking through the microscope at bits of a human. It sounds kind of gross, but when those slides come into focus it is like a new world of color and design. My artist side has already seen new patterns and swirls to use in crafts. We did tissues on Monday and it was so cool. I really wish I had more time to enjoy it rather than making really bad sketches in my lab book. It is one thing to look at pictures, quite another to look at a slide and know that is the actual thing. So today I imagine we will be looking at skin layers and stuff. ( Very technical terms here).
Last night I got my test score back from my sociology class. The first 50 questions were take home, and some of us met before class and made sure we all had the same answers. We didn't copy but discussed, I swear! (in our text it says that 90 to 99 % of students cheat on tests! I think I am in the minority for that!) the second 50 questions were in class with only our answers to the first 50 questions to help us. Well, huh, no help there. We were cast afloat by these second set of questions; none of us had any idea that they would be on the test or had heard them discussed in class. We bitched and moaned for a good 30 minutes after class about how bad it was. So, like I said I got my results back and I scored 85. 50 on the take home (surprise!) and 35 for the second part. I can honestly say I was pleased. Well relieved more like. So onward I go. OH yeah, I got 50 points for just showing up to class last night, what a great deal!
I have a doctors appt. this afternoon about my wrist. Of course it is not as bad as it was on Saturday and Sunday but I couldn't get in until today and I figure I should at least get it looked at. Well actually, my nagging husband wants me to have it looked at. He is probably right. It still feels bruised, like I really hit it hard, but I can twist and rotate so I am not so worried about it.
I think I am going to sew this weekend, I want to make something. I need mind break. So it will have to be something really easy. I might even do some lampwork if it is not storming. (If the power goes out the kiln goes off and I loose all the beads!).
Shower land here I come, reciting the organization of organisms!

No comments:

Post a Comment