Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nursing School

    I have been accepted into Nursing School.  Last fall I took my nursing assistant class and have my CNA certification from the state.  I am still not working but I am looking for something part time.  Walmart has called me back for a second interview.  It would be much better to work in a long term care facility or a hospital but you have to take what you can get.
     I am currently taking summer classes, Anatomy and physiology and Sociology.  Summer classes are not the best; fitting 16 weeks of study into 8 weeks.  I am however convinced that this is going to be no harder than the nursing classes I will start in August.  This is going to be a difficult and intense 2 years.
   When I was in School, all those years ago, there were two careers that I was interested in pursuing.  Nursing and Engineering.  Yes I know they are completely different, or are they?  They are both concerned with how things work, just one is Physics and one is Biology.  Well here I am 26 years later taking nursing classes. 
     My children are old enough to make themselves a meal and be at home by themselves.  Both boys can drive, so they can take Meghan off to whatever she needs to be at.  I have told them they need to let me study and if they don't I will find a quiet corner in a coffee shop somewhere.  My husband is fully behind me, bless him.  So now I need to be the best I can be.
   I know that my crafts will suffer because of this change in my life.  I also know that I will grab any time I can to do something to give my mind a rest.  Perfect example is this Sunday when we are going to watch the St. Louis Cardinals play.  I Should spend the six hour drive and game time studying and I might take my books in the car, I am not good at reading in a moving vehicle though so we will see.
     I will try to update here when I can about what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment