Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Morning

Another day, *sigh* another class. I fear my blog has gotten extremely boring. I know my life is just a mass of classes and driving right now.
First rant of the day; they have reduced the interstate to one lane for about 10 miles on both sides so I have to drive 45mph for about 5 miles to get to and from school. OK, so I like nice even roads and appreciate that they are fixing them. Why do they have to block off the road when they are not working on it though? Couldn't they at least put the darn "end work zone speed limit" signs up so when we do hit a stretch of highway that they are not doing anything on we can go back to the regular speed limit. Personally I am afraid that I will get a ticket if I speed up before I spot that sign. The new cameras are being used and apparently you can get a ticket for even 1mph over the construction limit. That is $375 for the first offense.
Off of the road work thing and onto the class thing. Ms. Sociology teacher last night, again decided to use different slides than the handouts. I am not the only one who was falling asleep. Several people were surfing the internet and others were texting under the desks. I was doodling on my handout and trying to keep a bland face because if I chuckle or smile she asks me what I am thinking. I have already had a couple disagreements with her and it is unpleasant. My thing is this; she is a soc expert (sort of) and we talk about groups and bias and ideas from differing groups and cultures and that it is not necessarily wrong. I however have been wrong because I have a differing idea than she does about certain things. So when I couldn't keep the silent snorts off my face last night I covered my mouth. I hope my eyes didn't give me away. I will be so glad when this class is over. She didn't have our test results either, we will get them Thursday.
A & P, well, the less said the better. 2nd test score; 86.7. So that is respectable, but darn, I thought I did better than that. Thursday is the skeletal system test and there are a lot of vocabulary words and definitions to learn. We have started learning the muscular system, I hate learning one and having to study another, there are all sorts of words in my brain that I am trying to separate.
Update on Troy's computer. Back from repairs yesterday, and apparently it froze up again. Poor Troy! I know how frustrated he must be.
Shower time...

No comments:

Post a Comment