Sunday, July 18, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel

(or only a week and a half till summer session is over)
     Yes!  Almost done with my summer classes.  It has not been as bad as everyone said, but it has been difficult.  I think I really failed my last anatomy test.  I have learned a valuable lesson though.  I cannot get too complacent.  I was getting a low A in the class because of my labs raising the test grades from a B to an A, BUT...this last test could take me down to a C!!  (insert bad word here)  So. I have been working on studying for the test this week and the final test next week so I can rectify the situation.  BTW, I am not the only one who thought the test was hard; my A student partners will no doubt fare much better than me because they did study.
     Sociology is another matter.  I didn't do too bad on the last test and I am getting a high B, if I can do the same on the next test I should get an A because she is giving us 50 extra points for showing up to lectures.  I am still pretty mad that she gives us power-points for the lectures and then uses different ones altogether.  Can you say confusing?
     I am eagerly watching the great school supplies appearing in the stores.  I am so excited to get new books and am trolling the bookstore website waiting for my class books to get in.  I bought some notebooks, if I don't need them Meghan can have them for school.  I also bought some new pens, I love pens.  I have all sorts!  My husband let me know that there is going to be a week in early august that I can get Illinois tax free school supplies.  You still have to pay local tax, but what a deal. 
   It was take out night last night and we had Chinese, much to Meghan's disgust.  I must say that the quality has gone down quite a bit the last few times we have had this particular restaurants fare.  It is the only Chinese delivery in town though.  I got my fortune cookie and it said 'Your life will be prosperous if you use your creativity' HUH.  Well that one was a keeper anyway.  I know I have not been using my creativity lately though.  The last torch session didn't go to well at all.  I haven't even gotten the beads in from the kiln.
  I need to look for my tan thread and finish off the green upcycled shirt I made.  I will do that today after I shower, call mum, finish my study guide and lab module, and no doubt read some of my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment